Windows 8 is very hot-key-heavy, here are some of the shortcuts find most useful:
- Windows key Shows the new Start screen (Metro).
- Win + type keyword Instant application search (same as in Windows 7).
- Win + D Standard Windows desktop. Also minimizes/restores all open windows in desktop mode.
- Win + Q Shows all installed apps.
- Win + W Instant search for settings.
- Win + F Instant search for files.
- Win + I Settings sidebar (control panel, network, volume, brightness, notifications, and more).
- Win + P Shows multi-monitor options, also useful for connecting an external monitor or projector.
- Win + X Power user shortcut menu (Device Manager, Control Panel, Command Prompt, Power Options, etc.).
- Win + Z Shows App Bar in Metro applications.
- Win +. (period) Snaps the current Metro app to the right side of the screen. Do it twice and it will snap to the left.
- Win +. (period) + Shift snaps the current Metro app to the left side of the screen.
- Win + J Switches focus between snapped Metro apps.
- Win + Page Up / Down Moves full-screen Metro app to secondary monitor.
- Win + Left / Right arrow Moves and snaps desktop applications in that direction, or to a different monitor.
- Win + Tab Switches between open applications. Similar to using the left-upper hot corner with a mouse.
- Win + L Locks Windows.
Install Apps from Windows 8 Apps Store
Here we are going to show how to install metro apps from Windows Apps Store. As we know there are different apps stores for smart phones and tablets. For example Android market store where we can install apps in to our android smart phones and Android Tablets, iTunes store where we can browse different apps and install to our iphones and ipads.
In the same way windows8 has a feature to install apps in our PC, Laptop using windows store.windows8 apps store has both “Paid” and “Free “apps.
Note: For downloading and installing windows apps we need in sign in with Microsoft Account using your windows live id.
Windows8 Apps Store is divided into different Categories. Each category will have its own “free” and “paid” apps. The different categories are given below.
- Music and Video
- Books and Reference
- News and Weather
- Food and Dining
How to install an app from windows store.
#1 Click on Store icon to open windows Store.
#2 Windows Store will look as below.
#3 now you can select your required category and you can install your app. Now you can install” Cut the Rope “game which is in Games Category.
#4 For installing the game just click on that game then you will be shown below image.
#5 Now click on Install icon then it will start downloading and installing your app. it will install only if you are signed in with windows account otherwise it will prompt you to login in to your account. After installing the game app you can see it on your apps windows.
#6 Now you can open the game and Enjoy it.
#7 Remember – You must be signed in Windows 8 with your Microsoft’s Account and you need screen Resolution of at least 1024 x 768.
You can select your required category and you can install your application.
The extensive VSupport service spectrum includes Software Computer Support, virus and spyware removal, operating system & software support, email & browser support as well as assistance in installation of all the peripheral accessories for your PC. Our endeavor is to keep you at ease and your PC working uninterruptedly.